The Bama Theatre is available for rent by individuals and groups based in and outside of Tuscaloosa County. It is a 1,064 seat multi-use facility equipped with a professional audio/video system, conventional lighting system and a state of the art surround sound system and movie screen.
Events that have taken place in the theatre include concerts, musicals, plays, dance recitals, corporate meetings, film screenings and weddings. The smaller, more intimate Greensboro Room is also available for rent, comfortably accommodating app. 100 people (standing) and 40 seated. Tables and chairs are available for rent if needed.
Rental of either area does NOT include staffing such as lighting, sound or ticket sales. Scheduling of all rentals is subject to the approval of the application prior to the issuing of a contract. All aspects of the rental agreement must be finalized by the Theatre Manager.
Rate Schedule effective June 1, 2012
Rates reflect the inclusion of a $50 clean-up fee per service
- Tuscaloosa County resident rate: $900 one show; $150 for each additional show on same day.
- Tuscaloosa County resident rate for rehearsal days: $600
- Out-of-county Promoter rate: $1,250
- Member Org. Rate for show dates: $550 one show; $150 for each additional show on same day. Total cleaning of theatre included per show.
- Member Org. Rate for rehearsal days: $400; basic janitorial service of trash removal and bathroom re-stocking included.
- $1 per ticket for all tickets $.00-$19.99; $2 per ticket for all tickets $20.00 +
- Limit 10% of all occupied seats per show allowable as comps; All comps above 10% of total audience per show subject to facility fee.
- No facility fee for non-ticketed (free and open to the public or private) events
- $150 hourly rate for theatre (2 hour minimum; not for performances- rehearsals and photography only)
- Digital projector and Blu-ray player: $40 per day; $5/hr. use
- Movie Screen: $50 per day
- Spotlight: $50 per day; $5/hr. use
- Theatre Use After Midnight $100 per hour
- $50 per hour, 2 hour minimum
- $25 per use if also renting the theatre simultaneously
- $50 clean up fee per use